Ok, after a few days most things are fixed / created / done / decided now, re: Poser 12. Note to self… still to look at for Poser 12 in future…
* DONE. Stress-test ‘scene compatibility’ with the old Vue 2016 R5. Success. Also works with the modern subscription Vue.
* DONE. Can a DAZ DSON import, saved as a scene from Poser 11, then be opened in Poser 12? Fail.
* SuperFly now does shadow-catching. How does the shadowcatcher work, and can it be automated via a script? Can the script(s) output varying intensities / hardness of shadows?
* What nodes are needed for PBR materials in Poser 12, and when loaded how much does fancy PBR slow down renders? Are there PBRs that are fast and funky and useful? Do they jar with regular materials (i.e. they look too good, and show up the plainer/old materials). Can output from Material Maker be instantly whisked into Poser and connected up, by a script? Or could Material Maker even simply output straight into the Poser format, via a plugin or script?
* The new Pillow module for scripted image processing in Python 3. What can it do? Where is it documented, with simple examples? Can it, for instance, cleanly knock out white from a line-art render, then layer it onto a Sketch render at 80% opacity? Can a Pillow script auto-combine two auxiliary .PSD renders from SuperFly and Firefly, into a single layer-stacked .PSD?
* The new Python “method to find a parameter specifically by internal name”. Sounds useful, but… where, and how?
* See how well my mo-cap works with it.
* Fix my various as-yet unreleased commercials scripts for Poser 12.