Digital clothes maker Marvelous Designer 10 has swished down the catwalk today. Sadly this leading software is now subscription only, but still somewhat accessible for semi-pro hobbyist content-makers at $39 a month, though I guess there may be an annual deal on that come Cyber Monday. I’m not keen on covering subscription software here, but in this case it’s still worth a very quick look at what’s new…
* New manga-babe 3D avatars, with erm… customisable chests and other body parts. Big in Japan, I’d imagine.
* Autofit clothes made for one figure to another. Especially useful for fitting frilly maid outfits to dogs, it seems.
* Better UV mapping and now supports the Substance Designer .sbsar format.
* “Sculpt realistic folds and wrinkles” with a new Wrinkle and Release bush.
* Pen-pressure support, when using a pen monitor.