So we’re still a week away from Black Friday, but many stores are going a week early. Several offers have even been and gone, including a modest discount on the latest GigaPixel AI and some nice offers on key Flaming Pear plugins such as Flood 2.
What’s tasty in non-subscription software?
* 30% off Rebelle 3.2 is a good one, as I’ve never seen it at a discount before. The software is near-perfect, not least in its simplicity, if you’re an illustrator in a traditional style who want to remove white from lineart and then add very realistic watercolour layers underneath. Watercolor painting is the main strength, as well as the best-of-breed UI. It can kind of do speed-painting, but is not really the best choice for that. It also lacks the extensibility of software like Krita.
* “Top Corel Products” are now discounted, with Painter Essentials 7 at a quite reasonable £30, with is pretty good though keep in mind that Krita 4.x is free. Corel also has PaintShop Pro 2021, less desirable at £50, especially when compared to the recent Humble Bundle offer.
* The Reallusion 20th Anniversary sale until 22nd November, including the fine Cartoon Animator 2D software.
* There are big discounts in Unity plugins at the Unity Asset Store including 50% off the three major rival toon plugins RealToon, Flat Kit, and Toony Colors Pro 2. Also the “visual novels” engine Naninovel.
* “Up to 50% off the entire store” on the 3D model packs at KitBash3D, albeit coming down from a high starting price.
* DxO ViewPoint is discounted. Automatically fixes the weird angles on your ‘big architecture’ photography, so you have straight verticals.