The long-awaited Keyshot 6 is on its way soon, very probably before Christmas. It appears that users can expect a host of new goodies users in version 6, including:
* Ambient occlusion, albeit as a material type.
* A new “Product” preset setting — “useful for products with transparent materials illuminated by the environment and local lighting”.
* A new “Interior” preset setting — an easy way to convincingly light an interior scene with natural light.
* Basic editing of 3D geometry.
* File import, or at least linking(?), for Cinema 4D, Maya, 3DS Max.
* Save to a layered Photoshop (PSD) file. Sadly, there’s still no ability to have ground shadows render onto their own layer.
* Material editing and mixing via nodes, for those who like that sort of thing.
* An improved Move Tool for moving objects around the stage.
And much more. Sadly the clunky batch-rendering stack doesn’t get a usability overhaul, via some much-needed drag-and-drop .bip file-adding functionality.