The new Cinema 4D is out, Cinema 4D 19.
* A new viewport with… “Results so close to final render” that they can (apparently) be show to clients.
* 360° Virtual Reality output.
* “New Polygon Reduction” functionality, while preserving details.
* BodyPaint 3D. “Now uses an OpenGL painting engine, giving R19 artists a real-time display of reflections, alpha, bump or normal, and even displacement”.
* LOD. “Level of Detail (LOD) Object – Define and manage settings to maximize viewport and render speed, or prepare optimized assets for game workflows. Exports FBX for use in popular game engines.”
I wonder how automated that last one is? Auto LOD loading for distant objects? To speed up render time?
There’s also support for AMD’s various innovative new graphics power-ups, recently introduced.
Poser Pro 11 users should be able to send their Poser scenes to Cinema 4D, via the plugins that ship with Poser Pro. Though I’m guessing there will be the usual short hiatus before Poser supports the latest Cinema 4D 19. Although Vue is probably your better option there, unless perhaps Cinema 4D’s new “Results so close to final render” viewport is real-time.