Poser 12 Early Access has a new version, 12.0.703 (13th October 2021) for download. The last one noticed here was 12.0.617 (early August 2021). According to the Changelog / Release Notes it’s been through seven unreleased iterations since then, with this current public release being the eighth such.
This time around Python has been a clear focus of the hard work. Various PoserPython fixes, and some nice extensions of Python’s capabilities in Poser 12:
– Python API method poser.PrefsLocation() now returns full path including filename of Poser prefs file.
– Python: Provided an easier way to identify a library “prop”.
– Python: Now accesses some of the Material Room context menu commands.
– Added material.SpecularMapFileName() function to Poser Python API.
– Added support for addons-style third-party Python scripts that load at start-up.
– Added method to find a parameter specifically by internal name.
– Python API event now recognises when user has switched to another room.
Many more Python changes are detailed in the full Changelog / Release Notes.
I also see notes of various work done on Animation Sets/AnimSets and also the Material Room. Collapsible hierarchy. Also some small UI fixes, and the Japanese translation of Poser gets another tweak.
Lots of fixes for installing downloaded purchased content and scripts, too.